Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Quick Arugula and Cannelini Bean Salad

This is a great salad to make as a side dish to fish or any grilled meats. It's also good on its own as a lite lunch (lite lunch? What is wrong with me?). I find myself making this quite a bit actually because it combines some of my favorite flavors -arugula, lemon, parmesean and of course the newly minted public enemy: SALT.


I just use one can of cannelini beans here, no need to boil a pot of beans from scratch for this. It would defeat the purprose of "quick". But one thing I always do with canned beans is give them a good rinse.

1 package of arugula.
Chop up 1 or 2 green onions, depending on how much you like the flavor of onion. My wife doesn't and I often will substitute celery here. I just like the additional texture the onion or celery provides.
After chopping your onion, you should put it in the salad bowl .What else were you going to do with it?
Add the rinsed beans.
Squeeze the juice of one half of a lemon.or 2 tablespoons - may need one whole lemon depending. 

Lots of freshly ground sea salt. I can't say how much this is, it really depends on your taste. But the dressing is just olive oil, lemon and salt, so you really need quite a bit. I know, I know, it's bad for you. But so is reading other people's food blogs and judging them. Yeah. I flipped it on you didn't I?

About a 1/4 cup of olive oil.

About a 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmigiano reggiano. Just spend the money. You should always have this in your fridge. The uses are endless.

Toss and serve.
And here's what it looked like on my plate. Well that's it. We've reached the end of another blog post about food. Aren't we lucky to be alive?! Yay America!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

please blog more. please blog more. please blog more. we love you. thank you, now seriously... PLEASE BLOG MORE!

Danny K. said...

That's so nice, thanks! Expect lots of new posts in the very near future!